In this post, we’ll talk about can you email from reMarkable?
Unlock the full potential of your reMarkable device by learning how to send emails. Find out more here!
At a Glance
Although it is not possible to send emails directly from the reMarkable paper tablet, you can share your notes with others by sending them to your email-linked accounts. The reMarkable 2 device allows for up to 5 Gmail and Dropbox accounts to be added, enabling you to easily share your notes and documents with others.
How about sending email to reMarkable device? Unfortunately, this is not possible either.
Best Alternative For Email
Yes, you can email from the reMarkable 2 tablet. Here’s a bullet list on how to do it:
- Connect your reMarkable 2 to a Wi-Fi network.
- Create a reMarkable account if you haven’t already done so.
- Add your email address to your reMarkable account by going to the reMarkable website and logging in.
- Open the reMarkable app on your tablet and select the “Settings” menu.
- Select the “Email” option and follow the prompts to connect your email account to the reMarkable app.
- Once your email account is connected, you can send emails from the reMarkable app by selecting the “Share” option and then choosing “Email” from the list of sharing options.
You may need to know these before opting for the reMarkable tablet
- The device eliminates social media, email, and notifications, promoting a distraction-free environment for work.
- The tablet can be synced via Wi-fi, however, it does not have a web browser, making it exclusively suitable for reading, writing, and visualizing ideas.
- The reMarkable paper tablet prioritizes productivity and creative thinking by fostering a distraction-free environment.
- Note that the email functionality on the reMarkable 2 is limited compared to a full-fledged email client on a computer or smartphone. The tablet is primarily designed for note-taking and sketching, and the email feature is intended to be a convenient way to send and receive notes and sketches, rather than a full-fledged email client.
The ReMarkable 2’s Email Capability: Explained
The ReMarkable 2 is primarily designed as a digital note-taking device and e-reader, but it does have some limited email capabilities.
However, it’s important to note that the reMarkable 2 doesn’t have a dedicated email app or client, nor does it have a built-in keyboard or internet browser. Instead, it relies on a feature called “Send to reMarkable,” which allows you to send documents, PDFs, and eBooks to your reMarkable 2 via email.
To use this feature, you’ll need to set up your reMarkable 2 with a unique email address that’s provided by reMarkable. You can then use any email client or service (such as Gmail or Outlook) to send emails to this address, and the attachments will be automatically synced to your device.
Tips for Composing Emails on the reMarkable 2
If you decide to use the reMarkable 2 to compose emails, there are a few tips that can help make the process smoother.
First, make sure to use the device’s built-in handwriting recognition feature to convert your handwriting into text. This can help make your emails more readable and easier to understand for the recipient.
Another tip is to use the templates to help structure your emails. Their are many pre-made templates for different types of documents, including letters, to-do lists, and meeting notes.
Email is a vast topic, and to illustrate this, consider the book “300 Email Marketing Tips” which offers a wealth of information on the subject matter.
By using these templates, you can ensure that your emails are well-organized and professional-looking.
Finally, consider investing in a compatible stylus to make writing and drawing on the reMarkable 2 easier and more comfortable. There are a variety of stylus options available, including ones with erasers and pressure sensitivity.
By finding the right stylus for your needs, you can make the process of composing emails on the reMarkable 2 more enjoyable and efficient.
The reMarkable tablet is designed as a productivity tool, and its purpose is not to send emails. Including features such as a web browser, notifications, apps, and email would blur the distinction between the reMarkable tablet and a standard tablet.
Therefore, the device is intentionally streamlined, with a focus on reading, writing, and visualization, promoting a distraction-free environment conducive to creative thinking and productivity.
Ninja Tip: If you’re looking to boost your productivity, using a pomodoro timer can be incredibly helpful.
The Upcoming reMarkable 3
The highly-anticipated reMarkable 3 tablet is set to release later this year in 2023. While there’s no confirmation yet if it will incorporate a full-fledge email feature, it’s worth considering if such functionality aligns with your productivity goals.
After all, the reMarkable tablet is designed to enhance productivity and streamline your digital workflow.
You can’t do these things on the reMarkable device:
- You can’t check email on reMarkable device regardless of the model
- You can’t send any email other than your added 10 email accounts and that’s only when you share your taken notes. You can’t write the emails.
- Neither you can use web browser for researching purposes.